National Space Symposium Media Kit
Ball Aerospace Opens the Aperture at 28th Annual National Space Symposium
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. is the sponsor of the Space Foundation’s Exhibit Center and Pavilion at the 28h National Space Symposium, “Opening the Aperture” for new technologies, performance and innovation. The Symposium will be held April 16-19 at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, CO.
Ball’s recent accomplishments will be on display at booth #403 as we demonstrate our role in providing new ways of understanding the Earth, actionable intelligence to the warfighter, and discoveries of new worlds beyond our galaxy.
“The National Space Symposium is known for being the premiere showcase for U.S. space policy and programs and Ball Aerospace is pleased to sponsor this year’s must-attend event,” said David L. Taylor, Ball Aerospace president and CEO.
Ball recently shipped the GMI instrument for NASA’s Global Precipitation Measurement mission scheduled to launch in 2014. Ball’s Operational Land Imager for NASA’s 2013 Landsat Data Continuity Mission shipped in late 2011. Also, the Ball-built Suomi NPP satellite for NASA and NOAA, launched in October 2011, is now fully-functional with all five instruments powered, protected and processing science data at the expected data rates. Meanwhile, Ball continues to build the first next generation polar-orbiting satellite for NOAA - JPSS-1 - scheduled to launch in 2017. In addition, Ball’s STPSat-2 standard interface vehicle for the USAF has completed its first year of on-orbit experiments.
As part of the Symposium, the Ball Aerospace-built Kepler spacecraft will be honored with the John L. “Jack” Swigert, Jr., Award for Space Exploration on Mon., April 16. Ball Aerospace is NASA’smission prime contractor for Kepler, designed to search for Earth-size planets around other stars. Ball Aerospace built the photometer and spacecraft, and managed system integration and test for the mission.
Also at this year’s Symposium, Ball Aerospace Vice President and Lead Executive for the Defense and Intelligence Community, Fred Doyle, will participate on the panel: Satellite Operators & Manufacturers – Part I, on Wed., April 18.
Roz Brown, Media Relations Manager
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
Space Symposium Media Kit Images on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ball_aerospace/sets/72157629445400734/
Related News Releases
- Ball Aerospace’s STPSat-2 Completes Experimental Mission
- Ball Aerospace Suomi NPP Satellite for NASA Completes Commissioning
- NASA Extends Kepler Mission Through 2016
- Ball Aerospace Kepler Mission for NASA Awarded Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Space
- Ball Aerospace Ships Microwave Imager for NASA’s Global Precipitation Measurement Mission
- Ball Aerospace Begins Test Series for James Webb Space Telescope Final Optical Components
- Ball Aerospace Hires Rob Strain as COO
- Ball Aerospace Makes Progress for NASA’s Joint Polar Satellite System
- Ball Aerospace Completes Preliminary Design Review for MOIRE