National Space Symposium Media Kit
Ball Aerospace Opens the Aperture at 29th Annual National Space Symposium
BOULDER, Colo., April 5, 2013 – Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. is opening the aperture to innovation, performance and value proposition at the 29th annual National Space Symposium, April 8-11 at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, CO.
Ball’s recent accomplishments will be on display at booth #403 as we demonstrate our role in enabling the nation’s most critical national space, tactical and information missions.
“The Space Foundation continues to advance the goals of the global space community by bringing together thought leaders from around the world to the National Space Symposium,” said Robert D. Strain, Ball Aerospace president. “Ball Aerospace is proud to support the Foundation and its education programs that will enable a new generation of space professionals.”
Strain will participate on the panel: Mission Assurance in a Budget-Constrained Environment, Wednesday, April 10, at 10 a.m., in the International Center, Main Stage.
On Tuesday, April 9, Ball Aerospace Vice President and General Manager for Strategic Operations, Debra Facktor Lepore will be one of five guests featured in the live taping of the Rocky Mountain PBS news program, Colorado State of Mind. Facktor Lepore will also give the closing speech, “A Career Path that is out of this World,” as part of Space Career Day, Thursday, April 11.
MEDIA BRIEFING: Ball Aerospace & the B612 Foundation
Tuesday, April 9, 11a.m – Noon, Media Center, above the exhibit hall
Subject: Sentinel Mission – the space-based infrared (IR) survey mission to discover and catalog 90 percent of the asteroids larger than 140 meters in Earth’s region of the solar system.
Dr. Scott Hubbard, B612 Program Architect
John Troeltzsch, Ball Aerospace Sentinel Program Manager
- Ball Aerospace Weather and Environment
- Ball Aerospace Configurable Platforms
- Green Propellant Infusion Mission (GPIM)
- Landsat Data Continuity Mission
Releated News Releases
- Ball Aerospace Sensor Aboard 8th Landsat Satellite Snaps First Images
- Ball Aerospace Assumes Lead Role on NGA Prime Contract
- Ball Aerospace Advanced Imaging Instrument Launches Aboard Eighth Landsat Mission
- Taylor to Retire from Ball’s Aerospace Business After 29-Year Career; Strain Promoted to Lead Ball’s Aerospace Business
- Ball Aerospace Completes Final Phase of $75M Manufacturing Expansion
Media Relations Manager
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
Ball Aerospace Overview Video
Opening Your Doors to Space