Summer Internship Program
At Ball Aerospace, we look forward to hosting summer interns because they bring talent, enthusiasm, and fresh ideas to the Ball Aerospace team.
Internships are available in a variety of technical disciplines, as well as in public affairs, human resources, and accounting. The program lasts 10 weeks.
At the end of the session, students share their knowledge by presenting their completed project to managers, co-workers, and other students. Throughout the summer, management takes the opportunity to meet with the interns; topics of these meetings vary depending upon the interests of the students.
Most interns spend the summer working in Colorado, but interns are sometimes hired at our other locations.
In addition to practical experience, Ball Aerospace provides interns with a competitive salary, access to state-of-the-art equipment, training, company product discounts, relocation reimbursement and housing assistance.
If you meet each of the requirements below, you are eligible for the summer internship program:
- Student in an accredited academic institution
- Junior, senior, or graduate student the year after internship is completed
- Have submitted a résumé online with Ball Aerospace
Applying for an Internship
To apply for an internship position, click on Job Search to see our current listing of openings. Select your location, then choose Internship from the Job Functions dropdown menu.
You are welcome to apply for more than one type of internship (for example, Systems Engineering and Mechanical Engineering), however, we recommend only applying to one of these three levels when submitting your résumé:
- Intern I = Between Sophomore and Junior year
- Intern II = Between Junior and Senior year
- Intern III = Has completed at least one semester of Senior year, but has not graduated
- Intern IV = After Bachelor’s, starting or continuing graduate school